Pages

Friday, July 14, 2017

Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year!

     Welcome to my preschool blog! I will post a blog with pictures showing what we do each day. 

   This year our school theme is taken from Ephesians 2:8. "For it is by grace you have been saved,                                       through faith, not from yourselves, it is the gift of God..."

In our preschool classroom we will use this verse as we learn how we are saved through Jesus alone and how we can tell others about Jesus.

I look forward to meeting you on Thursday, August 10 from 6:00-6:45 or 7:00-7:45 for the preschool parent orientation (this orientation is for parents only). Please email me to let me know which orientation you plan to attend. My email address is: ehoehner@zionharvester.org




I look forward to meeting your child at the Open House on Monday, August 14, from 2:00-7:00.
This will be an opportunity for your child to talk to me, see our classroom, and bring in school supplies.  The supplies DO NOT need your child's name on them (except for their folder and binder) as we will sharing the glue, crayons, paper towels...

Enjoy learning a bit about me as I look forward to getting to know (and seeing again) you and your child in the coming weeks.

In Christ,
Erin Hoehner
ehoehner@zionharvester.org





I have been teaching on and off for 20 years.  I taught for 6 years right after college (2 years teaching 1st grade in Quincy, Illinois and 4 years here at Zion teaching 3rd grade).  I took time off when my 3 boys were young and returned to Zion 7 years ago to teach preschool. I love teaching preschool and the relationships I get to make. I especially enjoy teaching the children about the love of Jesus.

I grew up in St. Charles and attended Zion from PS-8th grade, went to high school at Lutheran High St. Charles, and graduated from Concordia, Chicago where I received my teaching degree.  I love teaching at Zion and truly feel like Zion is part of my family.   I feel grateful that my sons are students at Zion.  Micah will be a 8th grader, Isaiah is going into 7th grade, and Asher will be in 4th grade.  My husband, Mark, is a pastor at Chapel of the Cross Lutheran church (corner of Willott and Jungermann).

In my free time I enjoy watching my boys play sports of every kind, spending time with my family, and reading.





My favorite team
My favorite color



My favorite food


My favorite Bible verse
My favorite movie
   

My favorite kid's book

No comments:

Post a Comment